Friday 26 July 2013

Moving North - City-Celebrations vs Nature


Owing to my schoolmate this weekend I got a nice chance to explore England´s north, some interesting festival-culture and a beautiful piece of nature a bit further. 
Sheffield was the place of my destination


and the Tramlines-Festival the perfect occasion to further indulge in studying 









people 
...
















and their way to celebrate











art, 










music ...














and dirt ...









At times I was a bit struck by this peculiar mixture of 

   
         





                         
                              obvious kitsch and celebration,


















besides emptyness and devastation ...
and the amount of "alcoholism ...









and aggression in the air"!













       





Luckily I was never really worried 
because I knew 










that there was a super-spiderman around the corner, 
just waiting for his call ... 


Still we had to flee "civilisation" after two intense days in the city 


but not before pronouncing my biggest compliment to my favourite group of this year´s Tramlines: 





GRANNY TURISMO

- who are on the road to nowhere, 
but definitively will be back by tea time - 
...











and made me enjoy the best interpretation of Wagner´s Ride of the Valkyrie 
I have seen so far.


Still it was great to explore the "so nearby" Peak District for a day to rest and digest 
the previous days 
...

For me 


nature´s simplicity 


and vastness 


is always great for this. 


And who can say that England´s countryside would not be beautiful ...


       or romantic ...